PrintEmailRSSFacebookTwitterPinterestYouTube Nixle
Go To Search
Report a Blighted Property?
Blighted Structure and Remediation

The City enacted Ordinance # 2013-1992 on November 7, 2012.

This ordinance provides the ability to classify structures and buildings as blighted, and it also provides for corrective actions up to and including demolition of the structure(s). It serves as a tool to assist property owners in maintaining their neighborhoods. It also allows the city to seek cost recovery from the property owner(s) for any remediation that takes place.

What makes a home, structure, or building "blighted" according to the ordinance?
The ordinance defines blighted structures as follows:
"... a deteriorated or deteriorating structure which endangers life or property by fire or other causes, unsanitary or unsafe condition(s) or deterioration of the site and its improvements, which condition(s) impair or arrest the sound growth of the City of New Port Richey or are a menace to the public health, safety, morals or welfare of the City of New Port Richey."

A link to the full text of the ordinance can be found in the pane to the right, or by clicking this link.

If I have concerns about a structure, what should I do?
If you believe a structure to be blighted, you may notify us via a Request Form or by emailing the Code Enforcement Department.

Please note that under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, you may call 727-841-4553.

Contact Us
Code Enforcement

6739 Adams St.
New Port Richey, FL 34652

Ph: (727) 841-4553